Facts & Questions
Q: When does The Center open?
A: The Center In The Woods is open Monday through Friday from 7:00 am
to 6:00 pm. The Center also offers some weekend and evening activities.
Q: How do I register?
A: Call or stop by, and we will be happy to set up a tour and help you register.
Lunch and transportation services require 24-hour advance notice.
Q: What does it cost?
A: There is no registration fee. Most services are free, at a minimal charge or
a suggested donation.
Q: How can I volunteer?
A: If you would like to volunteer, call or stop by. We will match your skills and
interests with volunteer opportunities.
Q: How do I get to The Center In The Woods?
A: From Pittsburgh, PA:
1. Take Rt. 51 S to Large, PA (Jefferson Boro)
2. Take Rt. 43 S to the California Exit
3. Turn right at stop sign at end of exit ramp.
4. After 4 lane becomes 2 lane highway, make 1st right onto 88 S.
5. Stay on Rt. 88 S. for approx. 1.2 miles.
6. Sign on right "Center In The Woods 1/8 mile". The Center will be on the left.
From Washington, PA:
1. Take I-70 East (headed towards New Stanton).
2. On I-70 East, take exit 15A California Exit. (Toll Road, Route 43 South)
3. Take California Exit off of route 43 (second exit after toll booth)
4. Turn right at stop sign at end of exit ramp.
5. At top of hill, make right onto Rt. 88 South.
6. Stay on Rt. 88 South for approximately 1.2 miles. (You will pass Roadman
University Park on right and California Gun Club on left.) sign on right "Center in the Woods 1/8 mile."
The Center will be on your left.
From Uniontown, PA:
1. Take Rt. 40 West across Lane Bane Bridge.
2. Take first exit ramp to California after crossing bridge (follow the signs).
3. You will come to a T. Turn left onto Rt. 88 North.
4. Stay on Rt. 88 North for approximately 1 mile. You will see sign on
right "Center in the Woods 1/8 mile." The Center will be on your right